People are now free to move home, and:
- You can now put your home on the to rent, and letting agents are permitted to visit properties to value them following the social distancing rules.
- You can start to look for properties you want to move into.
- You are free to make or accept an offer or reserve a property as normal.
- Physical viewings are now allowed, provided that strict social distancing is continued.
It is important to note that:
- People who have coronavirus or are self-isolating with their family members should not leave their homes to either move home, or undertake property viewings.
- Clinically vulnerable and shielded individuals need to carefully consider their personal situation and the circumstances of their own move and may wish to seek medical advice before deciding whether to commit to or go ahead with a move.
Health and safety remain our priority, and we have been busy putting a number of measures in place to protect our staff and customers, in line with the Government guidelines set out for letting agents. We will be asking everyone to adhere to strict procedures which include, but are not limited to, the following measures:
- Our branch conducts video viewings and/or virtual tours, and will continue to offer those in the first instance wherever possible. Please use these in your initial search, and only request physical viewings of properties you are seriously interested in.
- Please make your own way to the property as we are unable to offer transport. Where possible, and for your own safety, please try and avoid public transport, especially at peak times.
- Physical viewings can only take place with key members of your household and are by appointment only.
- Before viewing, you will need to confirm that you are not suffering any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Where we accompany viewings, we will maintain a 2m distance and wear face coverings if this isn’t possible.
- You may be asked to wear a face-covering and/or remove your shoes or use foot covers.
- We will ensure surfaces are cleaned prior to each viewing.
- You will be asked not to touch anything whilst in the property. Anything you do touch will need to be wiped down after.
- The occupier of the property will be asked to ensure the property is well ventilated and that internal doors are left open.
- The occupier of the property will also be asked to vacate the property while the viewing is taking place.
- We will continue to offer video market appraisals to value properties without physically entering them.
- If we do visit a property to conduct an appraisal, we will adhere to the latest government’s safety guidance, including maintaining a 2m distance, removing our shoes or using shoe covers and wearing face coverings if necessary.
- Before we visit, please ensure the property is well ventilated and surfaces have been cleaned.
- We will not touch anything in the property unless absolutely necessary.